Nutrition consist of extracting nutrients and oxygen distributing them around the body and excreting the residues.
The different nutrients contained in food are:
- PROTEINS produce our body tissues and are essential for the functioning of our cells.
- CARBOHYDRATES are the most important source of energy; they include starches, which are found in cereals and potatoes, and sugars which are abundant in fruit.
- FATS give us energy. There are both animal and vegetable fats.
- MINERALS control growth and are important for the functioning of the nervous system, the contraction of muscles and the coagulation of blood.
- VITAMINS control the functioning of many of the organs in our body and help us to stay healthy.
We must follow a healthy and balanced diet!!!!
Comentarios » Ir a formulario