- THE END OF ANCIENT HISTORY
Roman empire became too large and it was divided into 2 parts:
- WESTERN ROMAN EMPIRE (ROME)
EASTERN ROMAN EMPIRE (CONSTANTINOPLE)
Barbarians tribes moved into Roman territory, Rome was invaded in 476 C.E which was the end of the Ancient Period.
- GERMANIC PEOPLES
Many barbarians were Germanic tribes from Central Europe.
Most were farmers, so they lived in the countryside.
They had their culture but learned to speak LATIN, adopted ROMAN LAWS and they converted to CHRISTIANITY.
Society was divided into 3 main groups: KNIGHTS, CLERGY and PEASANTS.
A new social and economic system was developed: FEUDALISM.
- THE VISIGOTHIC KINGDOM OF TOLEDO
- The Visigoths were an important Germanic tribe. They arrived in Roman Hispania in 507 C.E.
- Visigoths established a new kingdom in the Western Roman Empire, with its capital city in Toledo.
- That was the beginning of the Middle Ages in Spain.
Comentarios » Ir a formulario