Some of us love the season of winter - others hate it!
Whichever side you are on, you will find plenty of ideas for getting involved in the season below, including some great winter crafts, colouring pages and printables. And if you just want to stay inside and find something to do, why not check out the Games section for inspiration!
Learn about winter reading the Fast Facts below, and find lots of winter activities clicking on the link ...
1. Winter is one of the four seasons.
2. It begins on the Winter Solstice and ends on the Vernal Equinox.
3. Winter is the season with the shortest days and the lowest temperatures.
4. Wind chill can cause problems during the winter. Wind chill is the combination of wind and temperature and is based on the rate of heat loss from exposed skin.
5. When it is Winter in the Southern Hemisphere, it is Summer in the Northern Hemisphere. This occurs because the Southern Hemisphere is tilted away from the sun and the Northern Hemisphere faces the sun more directly because of the way the earth is tilting toward the sun.
6. Trees and plants stop growing in the winter.
7. Many animals hibernate or migrate away from the cold weather.
8. Christmas, Kwaanza, Hanukkah, New Year’s Day, Peace Day, Valentine’s Day and Ground Hog’s Day are all celebrated in the winter.
9. Ice and snow are associated with Winter in many places on the earth.
10. Besides snow, sleet, hail, and freezing rain are associated with winter.
Comentarios » Ir a formulario