School is over till next year!!!
Have a wonderful Christmas Holidays!!!
1. Choose a Nature Reserve or National Park in Spain.
2. Search for information about the park in reference books and/or the Internet.
3. Make a poster in a piece of cardboard with the information about the park including:
- Name of the park.
- When it was named National Park or Nature Reserve.
- Physical relief.
- Bodies of water in the park or around it.
- Animal life.
- Interesting facts.
4. Decorate the poster with pictures of the landscape, vegetation and animal life of the park.
5. Don’t forget to be clean and neat.
6. Be ready to present it to your classmates!!
Only 6 more days to Christmas!!!!!
- Write down the names of the mountain ranges in the centre of the peninsula.
- Write down the names of the mountain ranges bordering the centre of the peninsula.
- Write down the names of the mountain ranges outside the centre of the peninsula.
- Which is the highest peak in Spain? Where is it located?
- Name the major rivers that flow into the Atlantic Ocean.
- Name the major rivers that flow into the Cantabrian Sea.
- Name the major rivers that flow into the Mediterranean Sea.
- Which two rivers have got extensive lowlands?
- What are the main characteristics of the rivers that flow into the Atlantic Ocean?
- Which rivers carry a constant volume of water? Explain why.
- Why do we need to create nature reserves?
- What is a humanized landscape? Is there another name for it?
- What types of plants can be found in the deciduous forest in Spain?
- Where do we typically find brown bears in Spain?
- What type of plants are heather and goose?
- In which type of landscape does the Iberian lynx live?
- What mammals can we see in Spain’s alpine landscapes?
- Why is there a variety of landscapes, vegetation and animal life in the Canary Islands?
- What is a plan of a place? What do we use it for?
- What is a map? What do we use it for?
Click here to see the table of the Rivers in Spain.
Click here to see the table of the types of Landscapes in Spain.